It aims to stimulate and encourage innovation for green ideas while engaging local communities to generate green initiatives that utilize local resources and community-based markets. By supporting innovative, local sustainable economic development initiatives, Green Ideas aims to substantively contribute to building a peaceful, competitive, and prosperous Balkans.
How to apply
Initiatives/ideas that fit the criteria can apply using the digital form. The application process will open on 16 March 2021. An independent selection committee will choose ten ideas which will compete in the local competition.
The local competition
Ten ideas will compete in the local competition. An independent jury will select three ideas, which will receive a cash a prize and capacity building support
The Balkan competition
The three winning ideas will participate in the Balkan competition, where five ideas from the region will receive cash prizes. Three $10,000 and two $5,000, depending on the category they’re competing in.
The idea or initiative:
- Is still in the early stages of development (does not exist for more than 3 years).
- Relies primarily upon local resources, including by employing local people and utilizing traditional skills.
- Has a vision or action plan for environmental sustainability
- Has a plan for economic viability and/or incremental growth.
- Has innovative approach and valuable social impact
- Has assessed the local market and is aware of its competitors and comparative advantages.
- Is innovative and unique compared to other businesses and projects in the community.
- Is contributing to one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 2, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 15
You can see the scoring criteria on this link.
Each criterion is given a score from 1 to 10, with the maximum score being 50.
Categories and prizes:
(α) Νew ideas. (1 cash prize of €2,500)
Citizen groups or individuals without a registered legal entity.
(b) Early stage initiatives. (2 cash prizes of €5,000)
The initiatives have profit of less than €10,000
Τhe initiatives should have one of the following registered legal entities:
-Private company (any kind)
-Non-profit entity (Civil Non Profit Company, association, union)
-Social Cooperative Enterprise (Koin.S.Ep)
How to apply:
You can download and complete the application according to the category you’re applying for on the link below.
Applications should be submitted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org by 23.59 on 19 April 2021.